We all love festive season as it is the time for family get togethers and celebrations.But it also brings along high calorie food items like sweets and other sinful indulgences and you certainly don’t want to waste all your previous efforts for staying fit and healthy.The festive season diet can let it all go in vain.So do watch what you eat this Diwali !
You certainly don’t have to completely decline the sugar intake ,the only thing to be done is to act smartly .Follow these tips for maintaining good health and fitness this festive season :
- Keep the portions small as complete restriction of sweets or fried foods may not be possible to avoid offending the gestures of your friends ,family and loved ones .
- Keep a focus on maintaining your body weight by checking your total calorie intake.Restrict yourself from having never-ending sweets.Take a step back and keep the intake small!
- Stay hydrated to avoid weight gain and having sweetened beverages
- Go for Healthy Indian sweet options like Sandesh which is dairy based and steamed .
- Balance the high calorie sweet indulgences with low calorie fruits and vegetables which will nourish your body with essential nutrients like vitamins ,minerals and antioxidants will keep you strong ,healthy and active
- Watch your alcohol intake .Alcohol not only is high in calories ,but it promotes fat storage in the body as well.
- Don’t just eat because you’re being offered by your relatives or friends .Be firm and control the intake.
- Do’nt forget to stay active and get the daily dose of your physical work -out for atleast 30-40 minutes at home or gym e.g walk ,aerobics,yoga
- Don’t eat more than what you normally would just because it is festive season.
- Avoid late night snacking stay away from heavy cocktails at social gatherings
So,just follow this simple guide to get fit and not fat this festive season and enjoy your Diwali to the fullest without feeling guilty on your health front !!